- For departures before 7.30am, we ask you to please settle your account before 8.00pm the previous evening. We accept American Express, Diners Club, Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS. (EFTPOS is free – please note all other credit card transactions incur a 1.5% surcharge)
- Please note cheques are not accepted without prior arrangement.
- Please contact our Tour Desk at Reception for any information, maps, brochures, visitor information or bookings.
- Onsite activities; Our guest library, Heavenly Hunter Massage centre, Wine Tasting Cellar, Hunter Wine School, Hunter Wine Theatre, Vineyard and Winery Tour, Matilda Bay Brewhouse Beer Tasting Paddles, Hunter Valley Cooking School, Pool and Tennis & 3km walking track.
- Onsite Adventure Centre; Electric bike hire, Segway tours, Horseriding adventures & Horse & Carriage Tours.
- Close by to us; 5 wineries within walking distance
- Locally; hot air ballooning, Hunter Valley Gardens and shopping village, 4 championship golf courses, tandem skydiving, and helicopter joy flights plus over 120 wineries to explore.
- Remote control can be found attached to the wall.
- Remove the remote control from the wall and point it at the A/C unit on the wall.
- Turn unit on with orange button
- Check control is set on correct ‘Mode’;
- snowflake = cool
- sun = heat
- Set the desired temperature
- Fan speed should be set on automatic
- There will be a beep with each program change
- Cook your own BBQ – or we can supply BBQ pack with bread, salad, onions and all utensils and a choice of Chicken, Steak or Fish.
- BBQ packs should be ordered by 10.00am the day before. (Dial 9)
- A complete range of wines, beers, cocktails, spirits and mixers are available in our Matilda Bay Brewhouse Dining from 10.00am till close.
- Takeaway beverages from Cellar Door 10am-5pm daily
- Electric bicycles and helmets are available for hire from Reception. Please book through Reception – Dial 9.
BLACK OUT (Power failure)
- In the event of a blackout, an emergency light is located in the bathroom vanity cupboard.
- Served daily from 7.30am – 10.30am in the restaurant (top of the drive).
- There is a choice of an Continental Buffet selection of fresh juices, cereal, fruit, tea and coffee. Or the option of an extensive Country Breakfast menu using local free range eggs.
- Reservations are not necessary.
BREWHOUSE – MATILDA BAY HUNTER VALLEY
- The Brewery Bar and Dining is located at the top of the driveway under the large sail. It is open everyday from 10.00am till close.
- Lunch menu made to order is served from 12 noon – 4.00pm daily
- Homemade pies, cakes & snacks are available all day (subject to availability).
- Taste our range of beers, all are sensational…
- See our Takeaway menu on page 5
- Full secretarial service – including typing, printing, colour photocopying, fax, internet, email, and laminating facilities. Please dial 9 for further information.
- Built into your individual flat screen TV is a CD player.
- Insert the CD into the side slot and follow the on screen instructions using your remote control.
- Please consider other guests in relation to volume. Thank you.
CHECK OUT TIME
- Check out time is 10:00am.
- Please contact Reception for details.
- Enquire at Reception for location and times of religious services.
- We have 7 different meeting rooms which can cater from just four guests, up to a banquet for 250 guests. Please contact Kylie for more details on ext 233.
- At our Reception, we have all the essentials – be it toothpaste, toothbrushes, comb, deodorant, shaving gear, sanitary items, batteries, sunscreen, insect repellent and much more. Please dial 9 for details.
- Guests are reminded to vacate their rooms by 10.00am on the day of departure; otherwise an extra charge may be incurred.
- Every evening from 6pm. Reservations recommended (Please dial 3).
- Matilda Bay Brewhouse Dining has a range of food available 10am till close.
- See our Takeaway menu on page 5.
- Built into your individual flat screen TV is a DVD player. A large selection of DVD’s are available from Reception during office hours.
- Insert the DVD into the side slot and follow the on screen instructions using your remote control.
- In case of a fire, please dial 9 and advise reception and then immediately make your way to the Assembly Meeting Point
- Fire extinguishers are located on walkway outside guest rooms, and in the kitchen of the cottages.
- Please note evacuation procedures and Assembly Meeting Point on the back or side of your front door.
- Health Authorities strictly forbid cooking and preparing of food in guest rooms. Please use BBQ area or guest laundry.
- For your safety, hairdryers are located in the bathroom vanity.
HORSERIDING / HORSE & CARRIAGE TOURS
- Operated by Scott and his team and located onsite – tours run several times a day. Bookings are essential. Please call Scott on ext 530, or Reception dial 9.
HOUSE KEEPING – Please dial 9 if you need assistance.
- For clean towels please place your dirty towels in the bath.
- Please hang your towel up if you would like to re-use it.
- Available from the Matilda Bay Brewhouse from 10am till close.
- An iron and ironing board is next to the wardrobe.
INTERNET WIFI ACCESS – Free
- Log onto ‘Hunter Valley Resort’
- Password is huna1hvr
- There is also a guest computer at Reception (Office hours) including free internet access, email, printer and USB connection.
- Please see reception for help with access if required.
- On check out please remember to leave your keys at the Reception desk.
- Our self service guest laundry offers washing, and drying facilities. The laundry is located in the amenity block directly behind the pool. Washing powder is available at Reception.(Open Reception hours only)
LIBRARY / GUEST LOUNGE
- Located opposite Reception. Open during Reception hours only.
- Enjoy an open fireplace, range of books/magazines, sofas, TV/DVD, and tea/coffee.
- Our Matilda Bay Brewhouse Dining has a range of food available 12pm till close (Subject to availability).
- Lunch menu is made to order from 12 noon till 4pm daily.
- See our Takeaway menu on page 5.
MASSAGE “HEAVENLY HUNTER” CENTRE
- Located behind the pool area – on offer; (Bookings are essential)
- Hawaiian Temple Style & Lomi Lomi Massage,
- Therapeutic massage for your body, mind and soul.
- Your qualified Ka Huna Massage Therapist can be booked directly on Extension 520 or through reception – Dial 9.
PACKAGES – Wedding, Group, Conference or Meeting packages
- If you would like information on our Wedding, Conference or Meetings packages, or if you are organising a group of friends for a visit, please enquire at Reception for details or dial 233 for our coordinator.
- Health regulations do not permit pets in rooms.
- 2 x USB connections incorporated into your TV powerpoint.
- Extra pillows are in the large drawers.
- Local laws prevent the pool opening until daily testing has been completed
- The swimming pool is open for your enjoyment during Reception hours.
- Please note children must have adult supervision at all times.
- Pool towels are available from Reception.
- Your attention is drawn to the pool regulations poolside (eg; No smoking, and no glassware within the pool area – PLEASE)
RECEPTION (Dial 9)
- Open from 7.30am to approximately 8.00pm daily.
- After hours Caretaker, please dial 9 from your room phone, or phone outside Reception.
- Located at our Cellar Door facility – Please dial 4 for more information
- A selection of Hunter Valley Resort and Matilda Bay Brewhouse souvenirs such as T-shirt’s, Polo Shirts & Caps.
SECURITY, DAMAGE or LOSS
- We draw your attention to the Innkeeper Liability Act. You will be held responsible for any damage to resort property.
- Please ensure you always lock your room securely when leaving.
- Please dial ext 588 for more information or to book.
- Locally – there are many day tour / shuttles / taxi options to move around the Wine Country. Please see our Reception for more information.
- Shuttle to Airport/Train – this service normally departs from outside Reception at a time suitable for your flight/train. It must be pre booked at least 24 hours prior to departure. Please contact Reception to reconfirm times & for bookings.
- NSW anti smoking laws prohibit smoking in all inside and outside public dining areas such as cellar door, dessert bar, brewhouse + dining.
- Smoking is prohibited within 4 metres of any outside public access point
- Smoking is also prohibited in all guestrooms/cottages, pool area, reception & Library. Please note we will levy a cleaning charge for smoking in any guestroom.
- Smokers please use the ashtrays located around the resort and outside on each room balcony. Thank you!
SPA in room (Cottages only)
- Please ensure water level is ABOVE water jets before turning on pump. Depressing the Pump button turn your pump “On or Off”, if there is no water in the spa bath or insufficient water in the pump, it will automatically shut down. PLEASE DO NOT OVERFILL the bath. Kitchen and room will flood if you do and charges will apply…
- If you need assistance, please contact Reception. Thank you!
- The local taxi service number is 4990 1111, or please contact Reception on 9.
TEA & COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES
- These are provided in your room. If extra milk is required, contact Reception.
- If you are expecting a late night call; please advise your caller of your room number, as our telephone system after hours will automatically connect them directly through to your room.
- For an outside line; dial 0, wait for dial tone before dialing your number.
- Room to room; simply dial the room number.
- Contact; our telephone number is +61 (02) 4998 7777, Fax:+61 (02) 4998 7787, or Email: sales@HunterResort.com.au
- For more information, please consult instruction sheet beside your telephone
TELEVISION & DVD/CD player
- 002- ABC
- 003- SBS One
- 005- Ten Newcastle
- 006- Prime 7 Newcastle
- 008- Nine Newcastle
- 020- ABC HD
- 021- ABC
- 022- ABC2/ KIDS
- 023- ABCME
- 024- ABC News 24
- 030- SBS HD
- 032- SBS Viceland
- 033- Food Network
- 034- NITV
- 037- SBS Radio 1
- 038- SBS Radio 2
- 039- SBS Radio 3
- 050- ONE Newcastle
- 051- TEN Newcastle
- 052- TEN HD Newcastle
- 055- Eleven
- 056- Aspire
- 060- Prime7 Newcastle
- 061- Prime7 Newcastle
- 062 – 7TWO Newcastle
- 063- 7Mate Newcastle
- 065- ISHOPTV
- 068- Racing.com
- 080- 9HD Newcastle
- 081- Nine Newcastle
- 082- 9GEM Newcastle
- 083- 9GO! Newcastle
- 084- 9Life Newcastle
- 085- Extra
- 088- 9GO! Newcastle
- 200- Double J
- 201- ABC Jazz
- Built into your individual flat screen TV is a DVD player.
- Please do not insert mini DVD/CD’s into slot – they jam the player!
- Insert the DVD into the side slot (Right hand side) and using your remote control, follow the on screen prompts.
- A selection of DVD’s are available at Reception during office hours.
- Our tennis court is available from sunrise to sunset. Please contact Reception for bookings. Racquets and balls are available from Reception.
USB PHONE CHARGER
- 2 x USB connections incorporated into TV powerpoint
- Lift the receiver on the telephone.
- Dial 700 then the time you wish to wake-up (24 hour clock), then 99 and hang up.
- g. For 6.15am, dial 700 0615 99, OR for say 9.10pm, dial 700 2110 99
- Please enjoy our walking trails / gardens at your own risk, and on the condition that we do not accept any responsibility for any injury.
- Please note these areas are NOT paved or formed pathways – Please use caution. Thank you.
WATER + SNACKS
- Water bottles, confectionery & chips are in reception (office hours only).
WIFI INTERNET / COMPUTER / PRINTER ACCESS
- A free guest computer & printer is at reception (Reception hours only).
- Free WiFi access is available throughout the property.
- Connect to ‘Hunter Valley Resort’ wifi
- Password is huna1hvr
WINEMAKING / WINE TASTING / VINEYARD TOUR / HUNTER VALLEY WINE SCHOOL / HUNTER WINE THEATRE
- Located in the blue building next to the Matilda Bay Brewhouse Dining.
- Our Hermitage Road Cellars is open for wine tasting every day 10am – 5pm.
- We conduct a half-hour vineyard tour and winemaking tutorial each day at 9am. Bookings are essential (Dial 9). Tours leave from outside the Cellar Door followed by a wine tasting of our own wines and other select boutique makers.
- Our Hunter Valley Wine School starts at 9.00am daily, including tour of our vineyard, winemaking tutorial, then followed by a wine appreciation course (lasting approx 2 hours) with a personalized Wine Appreciation Certificate on completion (Bookings are essential – please dial 4)
- Our Hunter Valley Wine Theatre runs at 10am and 3pm daily. Up on the big screen – learn a little of the Hunter’s wine heritage, Australia’s oldest wine area. See the grapes being harvested, and being crushed at the on site winery. After the 15 minute on screen visual presentation – up come the lights and it’s down to the serious business of wine tasting. In front of each visitor is a bracket of the Hunter’s best wines.
- Please dial 4 for more information.