Our family have been in the hotel business looking after guests over four generations, with two generations still living onsite and working every day at Hunter Valley Resort. I can honestly say the tsunami-like speed, breadth and depth of this latest global Covid-19 virus is like nothing else we have ever experienced.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your trust and support. It is always in the most difficult moments that our values of empathy, respect, and exceptional care for our guests, have made a real difference. We have always been dedicated to serve, and this will not be any different today or indeed in the future.
In the current climate of uncertainty surrounding travel, we want to take the time to write to you on behalf of everyone here to reassure you that our guests’ and team members’ wellbeing and safety is our utmost priority, now and always.
We are closely monitoring the global situation and are actively taking steps to mitigate the impact and spread of COVID-19, otherwise known as the novel CoronaVirus.
The “smallest” resort in Hunter Valley…
- We have lots of open space – in fact 100 acres to enjoy our 3km walking trail, tennis, pool and our Adventure Centre, which remains open with horseriding adventures, segway tours, & electric bikes…
- We only have 35 guestrooms – so have far fewer people staying than you will find at larger chain hotels.
- All our rooms are located on the ground level with balconies with sliding glass doors that open to fresh air.
- Cabin fever working from home?? All our guestrooms also have a working desk and with free WiFi, perfect for taking a few days to enjoy space and our fresh country air…
- We are offering a daily takeaway menu for breakfast and dinner so guests can dine on their private balconies, or in their guestrooms. We also have an extensive ranges of local cheeses, crackers, snacks for a picnic lunch.
- There is also takeaway softdrink, wine and beer available from our reception.
Our greatest priority is that our guests and team members feel safe and secure at our hotel. In the spirit of transparency, I want to summarise some of the measures we are implementing at Hunter Valley Resort.
- All public areas, as well as the back-of-house, are regularly and thoroughly cleaned to the highest standards, paying special attention to high-touch areas such as door handles, etc.
- We will always extend a warm welcome to arriving guests, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact.
- Everyone, including guests and team members, has easy access to health stations with sanitising gel right across the property.
- Every single member of our team have committed to wash hands thoroughly at a minimum every 30 minutes. We ask for your help in washing your hands thoroughly as often as possible.
- Following Government regulations, we have closed our dining rooms, brewhouse, wine theatre, and wine tasting Cellars.
- Team members observe the 1.5 metre distance rule from guests and colleagues as much as possible, as recommended by the government.
- We meet the Australian Standard (AS/NZS4146:2000) for thermal and/or chemical disinfection of our bed and table linens.
- Ongoing training has been put in place to ensure team members are fully prepared to provide information and updates to our guests.
With the CoronaVirus (COVID-19) situation evolving rapidly, changes in travel arrangements or holiday plans can happen at a moment’s notice. We fully appreciate that such changes are often unsolicited, and wish to inform you that we are responding with increased flexibility.
- If you are from overseas and are impacted by unforeseen travel restrictions such as quarantine, flight cancellations, flight stopovers in affected countries or other travel restrictions imposed by local authorities, you can cancel any stay booked prior to 1st March for stays until 30th April at no charge.
- If you have booked directly with us we want to help as much as we can. Our cancellation policy remains, however if you do fall ill and need to review your visit within the 7 day period, we will move your booking to a more appropriate time in the interest of being more flexible during this period. Cancellations where there is a deposit, your refund will be processed within 60 days.
- Changes to or cancellations of reservations made through a third-party or any online travel website need to be addressed directly with that organisation.
We wish you and your loved ones good health, and we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Valley Resort in the future.
Philip Hele (OAM)