Hunter Valley by Train Package
No need to rent a car to visit Hunter Valley…
The Hunter Valley Wine Country is just a three hour journey from Sydney Central Station, during which you’ll only experience seven stops. The modern express trains are very comfortable and feature an on board café and toilets. Large windows offer views of the stunning scenery throughout your journey.
- Return train tickets from Sydney’s Central Railway Station to Singleton Station
- Transfers to and from Singleton Railway Station (Meet & Greet)
- Two nights accommodation in a choice of guestrooms or cottages.
- Onsite Vineyard Tour followed by a private tasting with our Cellarmaster
- Hunter Wine Theatre experience showing the onsite winery in action followed by a private tasting with our Cellarmaster
- Buffet breakfast in Matilda Bay Dining every day
- Discount vouchers for onsite activities
Train travel instructions from Sydney to Singleton Station (Hunter Valley)
- Arrive at Sydney Central Train Station by 9.00am – Train scheduled departure is 9:29am (Be early – please note there is only one train per day so don’t miss it!)
- There are two areas at Sydney Central station:
- City trains
- Country trains – this is where you must go.
- Please go to Platform 2 (platform number and departure time may change – please re check morning of departure – ask for help from the Information office).
- Your Car number (Carriage number) is on your ticket – as is your seat number.
- The train will take 3 hours approximately and will stop at: Strathfield; Hornsby; Gosford; Wyong; Fassifern; Broadmeadow and Maitland. Very important…. When you see ‘Maitland’ train station, please prepare to exit the train at the next stop which is Singleton (approximately 30 minutes). (If you miss this stop, you will have to arrange your own taxi from the next station ‘Muswellbrook’ which can be a +$200 fare)
- Your transfer at Singleton station will be waiting for you (Look for a white Mercedes van – registration: “01-HVR”) – please call the resort on 02 49987777 (extension – 1) if there is any question – Enjoy your journey!
Train travel instructions from Hunter Valley to Sydney Central Station
- Please reconfirm your transfer time with reception on the morning of your departure (Approximately transfer time is around 12:00noon – 12:30pm – Please note there is only one train per day so don’t be late for your transfer!)
- Scheduled train departure time from Singleton to Sydney is 13:24pm (Please note: departure time may change – reception will keep you posted)
- Your Car number (Carriage number) is on your ticket – as is your seat number. You must stand on the platform next to where your Car number (A, B, C, D, E, F, or G) is painted on the platform – as the train only stops very briefly.
- Looking at the train tracks, the train will come from the right. If a train comes from the left, do not get on it as that train is not going to Sydney). Please ask for help from the train inspectors if you are unsure.
- The train will take 3 hours approximately and will terminate at the final stop – Sydney Central Station
- Enjoy your journey!